Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Trenton Children and Young Adult Resources
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mercer County
Brothers Big Sisters of Mercer County was founded in 1973 and provides mentoring services from volunteers for children facing adversity.
Boys and Girls Club of Mercer County
Boys & Girls Clubs of Mercer County provides young people, ages five to 18, in Mercer County with social, enrichment and recreational activities through after-school, weekend, and summer programs.
Children’s Home Society
635 South Clinton Avenue Trenton 609-695-6274
Children's Futures is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve health and development outcomes for children and their families.
Isles Youth Institute
Engages disconnected youth; many of whom have been involved with the juvenile justice system, some who have children, some who are homeless and others who have dropped out of traditional high schools, and helps them to work through life challenges while assisting them in meeting their educational and career goals.
The YMCA and YWCA of Trenton
Offers programs in child care; education and leadership; swim, sports, and play; and camp that create safe, authentic, and positive relationships with well-trained and caring role models and that teach life skills and values, regardless of program or activity.
Trenton Police Explorers Post 911
The Trenton Police Explorers Post 911 is a youth organization geared towards youth boys and girls ages 14 to 20 who are interested in pursuing a career in Law Enforcement.
Young Scholars’ Institute
Young Scholars’ Institute (YSI) is a year-round non-profit learning center that provides educational, cultural and recreational activities for students in grades Pre-K through 12. These innovative programs aim to strengthen students’ academic skills while motivating them to pursue higher educational opportunities. YSI has served over 15,000 Trenton-area youth.
Trenton Area Resources
Homeless Prevention and Emergency Assistance
- Anchor House (youth shelter ages 10-17) - 482 Centre Street, Trenton, NJ 08611 609-396-8329
- Anchorage (through Anchor House, ages 18-21) - 480 Centre Street, Trenton, NJ 08611
- Catholic Charities - 132 N. Warren St. Trenton, NJ 609-394-8847
- Crisis Ministry of Mercer County - 123 E. Hanover St. Trenton, NJ 609-396-9355
- Dress For Success Mercer County- 3131 Princeton Pike, Building 4, Suite 209 Lawrenceville, New Jersey 08648 609-896-4112
- Habitat for Humanity of Trenton 609-393-8009
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore : 106 Ewing Street 609-218-6860
- Homefront - 1880 Princeton Pike, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648 609-989-9417
- Homeless Hotline - 609-278-1481
- Isles - 10 Wood St. Trenton, NJ 08618 609-341-4700 or 609-341-4745
- Mercer Street Friends- 151 Mercer Street 609-396-1506 (food bank and programs for children and adults)
- Mt. Carmel Guild - 73 N. Clinton Ave. Trenton, NJ 609-392-3402 or 609-392-5159
- Rescue Mission of Trenton - 98 Carroll St. Trenton, NJ 609-695-1436
- Trenton Area Soup Kitchen - 77 ½ Escher Street and satellite locations in South Trenton, West Trenton, Hamilton, Hightstown, and Princeton 609-695-5456
- WomanSpace Hotline 609-394-9000 http://www.womanspace.org/
Mercer County Connection
Mercer County Connection provides free notary service for many types of documents. Call 609-890-9800 for more information.
By State Law, notaries must understand the language of the document they are notarizing. You can search this website for notaries that speak languages other than English.
Copyright © New Jersey State Library 1796-2020