Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The New Jersey State Library is closed for walk-in service, but Reference Staff are available for assistance at email@example.com.
Special Enrollment Outside of Enrollment Dates
You can enroll in or change plans if you have certain life changes or qualify for NJ FamilyCare
(Medicaid and CHIP).
Special enrollment is possible if you have a qualifying life event outside of the open enrollment period.
Qualifying Life Events Include:
- Losing other health coverage
- Having a baby
- Adopting a child
- Turning 26 and losing coverage through a parent's plan
- Becoming a U.S. citizen
- Moved to a new residence
- Leaving incarceration
Get Covered NJ State Marketplace
Important dates for 2021 enrollment
- COVID-19 Special Enrollment Period: February 1, 2021 - May 15, 2021
- November 1, 2020 - Enrollment period starts
- January 31, 2021: Enrollment period ends
- If you enroll by December 31, your coverage will start on January 1. If you enroll in January, your coverage will start of February 1
Enrolling and Re-Enrolling
- Existing Federal Marketplace Customers - Healthcare.gov provided Get Covered NJ with your current application and enrollment information. This was used to create a new account for you in Get Covered NJ.
- You should receive a letter from Get Covered NJ with an access code to log into your new account. You can access your account starting on November 1, 2020.
- New Customers - Get Started
- Tips for Choosing a Plan - Things to consider when shopping for health insurance.
- Plan Comparison Tool 2021 - Compare health plans, costs, and estimate how much financial help you may qualify for.
- To enroll you will need
- Home and/or mailing addresses
- Birth Dates
- Social Security numbers
- Immigration documentation, if applicable
- Employer and income information for every member of your household ( for example, pay stubs or W-2 forms)
- You best estimate of what your household income will be in 2021
- Policy numbers for any current health plans covering members of your household
Ahora es tiempo de escoger la cobertura de seguro de salud para el próximo año.
La inscripción abierta es desde el 1 de nov. hasta el 31 de jan. No esperes. ¡Obtenga una cobertura ahora!
Nueva Jersey sigue teniendo como requisito obtener cobertura de salud.
Copyright © New Jersey State Library 1796-2020