Affordable Care Act (ACA)
New Jersey Information
Get Covered New Jersey.
2019 open enrollment is over. You can enroll in or change plans if you have certain life changes or qualify for NJ FamilyCare (Medicaid).
New Jersey continues the individual mandate for health insurance.
Affordable Care Act
- New Jersey has adopted an individual mandate.
- New Jersey uses the federally-facilitated marketplace.
- Explore coverage options and enroll at HealthCare.gov
- Open Enrollment for 2019 coverage starts November 1, 2018.
Important dates for 2019 enrollment
- November 1, 2018: Open Enrollment starts — first day you can enroll in a 2019 Marketplace plan.
- December 15, 2018: Open Enrollment ends.
- January 1, 2019: Plans sold during open enrollment start.
- A toll-free hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325). Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. [Closed Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.] Assistance is available in English and 15 other languages.
- In-person assistance by navigators and certified application counselors is available. Find local help locations by zip code or city.
Enrolling and Re-Enrolling
Special Enrollment Outside of Enrollment Dates
Special enrollment is possible if you have a qualifying life event outside of the open enrollment period.
Qualifying Life Events Include:
- Losing other health coverage
- Having a baby
- Adopting a child
- Turning 26 and losing coverage through a parent's plan
- Becoming a U.S. citizen.
- Leaving incarceration
- Moving to a new residence
Healthcare.gov Other Language Resources
Assistance in Fifteen Languages Available
Find Affordable Care Act information in Chinese, French Creole, French, German, Gujarati, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese. 1-800-318-2596
Ahora es tiempo de escoger la cobertura de seguro de salud para el próximo año.
La inscripción abierta es desde el 1 de nov. hasta el 15 de dic. No esperes. ¡Obtenga una cobertura ahora!
Nueva Jersey sigue teniendo como requisito obtener cobertura de salud en 2019.