Affordable Care Act (ACA)
Special Enrollment Outside of Enrollment Dates
Open enrollment for 2020 has ended. For a limited time special enrollment continues through Healthcare.gov.
You can enroll in or change plans if you have certain life changes or qualify for NJ FamilyCare
Special enrollment is possible if you have a qualifying life event outside of the open enrollment period.
Qualifying Life Events Include:
- Losing other health coverage
- Having a baby
- Adopting a child
- Turning 26 and losing coverage through a parent's plan
- Becoming a U.S. citizen.
- Leaving incarceration
- Moving to a new residence
Enrolling through Healthcare.gov
- A toll-free hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325). Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. [Closed Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.] Assistance is available in English and 15 other languages.
- Before enrolling, view the Checklist of what you need to apply.
- Five things you can do to get ready to enroll.
- Important: You must tell the Marketplace about any changes to the information you included on your last application. See Report Changes
- Create an account at HealthCare.gov
- Apply using information about income and family members that you gathered after viewing the Checklist.
- Pick a plan after comparing qualified health plans.
- See Healthcare Coverage Application Tips and Troubleshooting for help with choosing a browser, resetting a password, identity proofing, and uploading documents.
Affordable Care Act - NJ State Marketplace
- New Jersey will stop using Healthcare.gov and start using the new State-based Marketplace, Get Covered NJ, starting November 1, 2020.
- Enrollment for 2021 coverage starts November 1, 2020.
- New Jersey has adopted an individual mandate.
Important dates for 2021 enrollment
- November 1, 2020 - Enrollment period starts
- January 31, 2021: Enrollment period ends
Enrolling and Re-Enrolling
- New Customers - Get Started
- Plan Comparison Tool - coming soon. Browse Plans beginning mid-October 2020.
- If you have a Marketplace plan and choose auto-renewal, you will automatically be re-enrolled in the same plan at open enrollment.
- To help make the move, HealthCare.Gov provided Get Covered New Jersey with your current application and enrollment information. This was used to create a new account for you on GetCoveredNJ.gov.
- You should receive a letter from GetCoveredNJ with an access code to log in to your new user account. You can access your account starting on November 1, 2020.
Assistance in Fifteen Languages Available
Find Affordable Care Act information in Chinese, French Creole, French, German, Gujarati, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese. 1-800-318-2596
Ahora es tiempo de escoger la cobertura de seguro de salud para el próximo año.
La inscripción abierta es desde el 1 de nov. hasta el 15 de dic. No esperes. ¡Obtenga una cobertura ahora!
Nueva Jersey sigue teniendo como requisito obtener cobertura de salud en 2019.